What is it?
The Peace First Hackathon is a three-day sprint for changemakers to accelerate their social impact projects. The Hackathon is ideal for young changemakers eager to address an injustice in their community and seeking concrete support as they advance their project from idea stage to launch.
During the three-day Hackathon
- Understand underlying reasons and contributing factors related to the injustice they are addressing.
- Determine the best course of action and determine a variety of potential solutions by using a variety of tools like feasibility analysis and solution trees
- Measure and understand what success looks like for your project and set SMART Goals
- Understand your community and identify those who can champion your project
- Know the roadmap on how to implement your project with a developed work plan to guide their activities post-Hackathon
- Engage with coaches and subject matter experts, and connect with peers groups with similar interests
After completing the Hackathon
Participants are eligible to receive:
- Peer to peer coaching
- Opportunities to continue networking with changemakers globally
- Opportunity to become a Peace First Ambassador and specialize in Peace First programs
- Exclusive training on storytelling
- Get approved for Activation Grants
- Access to an extended global network of Peace First Experts